Ban Boring Online Meetings
A quick-start, step by step approach to making your online meetings engaging, appealing and actually effective
TOTAL COURSE LENGTH: APPROX 60 MINS
How many times have you wanted to scream and yell when you saw another online meeting invitation pop up in your calendar?
You know that old adage “monkey see, monkey do”? That’s what keeps happening with online meetings. We’re so used to the way most people run them, that we just copy what those people do — even when their meetings are boring, unengaging, and ineffective.
But online meetings don’t have to be exhausting, lecture-style boredom-fests.
You know that what you have to say in a meeting matters. It’s important information your staff or team needs to know, it’s strategic planning that could take the organization to the next level, it’s teaching that could transform their careers (or whole lives!), or maybe it’s just straight-up team-building that you know everyone desperately needs!
And yet… you find yourself struggling to get anyone’s attention. Or even when you think you have it, you find they’re not doing the things you need them to do (or learn the things you need them to learn) as a result of this meeting.
It’s embarrassing! Public speaking is hard enough without having a sea of blank faces (or even worse, screens-off black squares) staring back at you!
And when you have to repeat yourself (or worse: hold more meetings for those that didn’t get it), it wastes time that you don’t have to spare.
You’re passionate about what you do. But when your meetings are flat, you’re not able to make the difference you KNOW you could.
It doesn’t have to be like this. With a few very simple tweaks, you can run the kind of online meetings that everyone RAVES about. That people actually look forward to! (Really!!)
You can learn how to run meetings that not only make your participants feel connected to you, but also to each other; meetings that will lead to people sharing information in ways that they used to gathering around the water cooler or bumping into each other as they walk to the elevator or grab a coffee.
Best of all, you can run a meeting where NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON has to say “You’re muted!”
I’m Lee-Anne Ragan and I KNOW that you can run online meetings that are engaging, appealing, and actually effective.
As President of Rock.Paper.Scissors Inc., with over 30 years of experience training more than 50,000 people in and from more than 150 countries, in teambuilding, tech tools, and training of trainers I’ve taught everyone from solopreneurs to the United Nations how to engage audiences — even when you’re all meeting remotely.
I have learned the techniques, and tweaks that can take any online meeting from insipid to inspiring. And I know that anyone can learn how to do this.
In this one-hour online course, I will show you how to get people looking forward to your meetings (really!), actively participating and in a way that works for everyone and engaging long after, so you can run any online meeting in a way that is engaging, appealing and actually effective.
Ready to transform your online meetings?
Why are online meetings so bad?
- We are suffering from O.F. (online fatigue). Even the CEO of Zoom has admitted as much. And it’s no wonder, we are spending 30 billion minutes in online collaboration (which more than doubled in 2021).
- Online meetings are stressful! They feel like standing a mere 50 cm/20 inches away from our colleagues, which is like all being crammed into an elevator and not being able to look away.
- Our comfort level with technology is still a challenge. How many times have you said to a colleague ‘you’re muted, please unmute yourself’ (all while swearing a blue streak silently to yourself…until you make the same mistake)?
- People are working in silos. We’re not sharing information in ways that we used to because we’re not gathering around the water cooler, or bumping into each other informally as we walk to the elevator or grab a coffee.
- And even if you want to make your online meetings more interactive and engaging, you don’t have a hot clue where to start.
So we continue on, girding our loins and submitting to the online frustrations and overwhelm.
Or you could spend one-hour learning with me, and finally understand how to run online meetings that engage your audience — no matter who they are and what their learning style is. Your meetings will be interesting and fun, and get the exact results that you want (whether that’s action you want participants to take or a shift in how they see you).
Ready to make your online meetings incredible?
Lessons in This Course
- Section 1 — Check In
- Section 2 — How to get the most out of this course
- Section 3 – Your secret sauce for the right mindset
- Section 4 – Find your meeting bias
- Section 5 – How to make your meetings more inclusive and accessible
- Section 6 – My simple technique for increasing engagement and retention
- Section 7 – Are you a duck, dolphin, armadillo or turtle and why that matters
- Section 8 – Get three times the impact for your online meetings
- Section 9 – Bonus: Extra Resources
- Section 10 – Checking Out and Using What You’ve Learned