Celebration, one of the critical 8 C’s, is key to your success.
Quick. What was your last accomplishment? The last time you achieved a goal? Ticked something off your to-do list?
Am guessing you had no difficulty with answering that question. So here’s another. When’s the last time you celebrated those accomplishments?
Harder to answer right?
We’re so busy getting-stuff-done that we barely take a breath before we’re scaling the next mountain.
I’m here to tell you to press pause & celebrate.
It’ll fill you up, sustain you, give you that special kind of glow & help you acknowledge your success. ‘Cause you know you’re successful right?!
I consider myself successful when I help people laugh (relax, sink into learning), learn & lead (apply their learning to their work &/or personal life). What about you?
Next time you hand in that hard to write report, get your surly kiddo (whether they’re 2, 12 or 22) turned around & on track, manage to get your family on vacation all in the same place without major hiccups (or better yet despite major hiccups), launch that new product/service/idea/course or the zillion other things you accomplish STOP.
Stop & ….
- Pat yourself on the back (really truly, practice it now)
- Let out a whisper of a giggle or a big belly laugh (because laughing matters©)
- Write in your journal how proud you are of yourself
- Turn up the music loud & dance wildly to one song
- Buy yourself some flowers.
- Use something you usually keep for special occasions; that special perfume of yours, the fancy wineglass, your best undies etc.
- Share your accomplishment with someone else (because community works©)
- Keep an accomplishment folder (either a computer folder or a cardboard folder) & tuck your latest accomplishment in there (this is a great space to revisit when you’re feeling down)
- Take yourself out dancing, to an art class, out for coffee or whatever else feels like a good way to celebrate
Bonus: where each item above has a number of points beside it (from 1-10), aim to get 10 points this week.
Rinse & repeat. Forever more.
Like This? Get More Free Tools & Useful Training Direct to your Inbox
For insider tips and incredibly useful training, sign up for our newsletter.