The Learning and Development Roundtable was founded in 2012 to support a community of practice focused on learning, education and training.
Our vision is to build and sustain a vibrant, engaged learning community where members participate in interactive workshops designed to educate, inspire and reinforce learning in a variety of diverse formats for diverse learners.
- Add to your professional development through a once per month, engaging, interactive, two-hour workshop each designed around a particular topic that serves the members’ needs. Past topics have included workshops on themes such as professional skill development, leadership and organizational development, ICTs and more.
- Meet and learn from guest speakers and diverse members in a comfortable, innovative learning environment. Members include UN, corporate, NGO, INGO, government, educational institutions, entrepreneurs, etc.
- Participate in a member-driven group where members engage between meetings through a Facebook group to discuss learning topics, ask questions, get resources, suggest topics and speakers, etc.
- Gain access to extensive learning resources from 7+ years of meetings, including video/audio recordings, speaker resources, etc.
- For UN Staff: receive a certificate of participation and count the Roundtable meetings you attend toward your UN-mandated training.
- Meetings are held on the third Friday of each month from 10 am to noon at the UN in Nairobi.
- Members can participate in person or online (through a tool called Zoom, which is like Skype but better)
- An optional (personal) donation of 1000Ksh is requested which is put towards supporting a Kenyan education-based group that members select once a year.
- Meetings are facilitated by Roundtable founder Lee-Anne Ragan (to find out more about me click here and be sure to scroll your mouse over my photo for a surprise)
Take action now
- Join the mailing list to receive invitations to the monthly meetings, learn how to register and get access to all the meeting resources.