- This event has passed.
Training of Trainers
October 18, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm EAT
“The best teachers teach from the heart, not the book.”
Have you heard that one before? Isn’t that cute?
Now forget it!
You already know that loving a subject and being able to teach it well are two totally different things. That’s why you’re here, right?
I’m willing to bet that at least one of these sounds familiar to you:
- You’re burning and yearning to teach but get brain freeze — when you try to teach, nothing comes out. Suddenly your tongue is tied up tighter than a bank vault.
- The thought of public speaking gives you literal, waking up at 2am in a cold sweat, nightmares (and the old adage of imagining everyone naked is decidedly unhelpful, and a little disturbing!)
- Maybe you’ve taught before but you secretly fear that, horror of horrors, your fabulous content didn’t sink in. It was the glazed eyes of your students that gave it away.
- You know in theory that it’s important to appeal to all different kinds of learners but you don’t have the first idea how to do that.
- You’re Overwhelmed (with a capital O) and don’t know where to start. How do you organize your material? How much should you include? How to teach so you’re not lecturing? Do you really have to wear a tweed jacket with elbow patches?
- You need some quick, interesting techniques — that are simple but not simplistic — to move forward so you can get up and running quickly with your teaching.
You’re in the right place.
I work with smart, savvy, seekers and meaning makers like you. Women (mostly) who are globally-minded and who are on a mission to change the world — or at least their small corner of it.
No matter how important your information is (and we both know how hard you’ve worked to master your area, huge high five!), no matter how excited you are about the subject, if you don’t know how to share it effectively … it might as well not exist. I know, serious stuff, right? But relief is at hand.
It’s time to mix passion with strategy.
I can show you how to:
- Dip into a vast toolbox of simple, easy tips and techniques that you can use right away (AKA before your next workshop).
- Use proven methods for designing an effective curriculum, structuring trainings, and delivering them in a way that works for everyone in the class (and not just the people who learn like you), while encouraging maximum retention.
- Confidently address ANY room and know that you can get your subject across articulately and effectively –– even if right now, the thought of public speaking makes you want to curl up in a little ball.
I’ll share my top tips and techniques that I’ve honed by teaching more than 20,000 participants from more than 120 countries, in diverse settings from slums to the C-Suite.
Together we’ll pull you out of the trenches of teaching frustration, fatigue, and wheel spinning and get you effectively teaching with ease.
— No more feeling like you’ve totally wasted your time because you can just see the information trickling out of your students’ heads as they walk out the door –– and you know that this time next month they’ll barely remember who you are, much less what you taught them.
— No more feeling like you’re banging your head against the wall with the same teaching challenges — the so-called “problem students” you’re struggling to reach or those harder-to-teach concepts that never quite seem to hit the mark and leave your attendees scratching their heads.
— No more lying awake at night worrying that you’re expending all of your energy on techniques that don’t actually work, or spending hours trawling Pinterest for teaching tips, only to find advice that doesn’t really seem relevant to your students or the subject you’re teaching.
Instead you’ll be able to teach confidently, be seen, heard, and understood while lowering your blood pressure and getting back to what’s important to you — making the world a better place in your own cool, creative way by teaching your cool, creative content.
I’ll show you what to do to make everyone feel included and the steps you need to take to help your students enjoy themselves and engage with the material. Because, as you know, when you’re enjoying yourself you find it soooo much easier to absorb, remember, and practice what you’re learning so that it’s actually effective long term.
You’ll discover pocketfuls of creativity you never knew you had so you can amp up your next workshop, impress your boss, your students — and yourself.
Soon, you’ll be designing and delivering workshops with ease and grace, in ways that are super impactful and leave lasting learning.
Lee-Anne has given me superpowers.
Learning about how people learn has been transformative for me – and for my clients, and everyone else I teach. Now in my teaching, I know what to do in order to make everyone feel included, which helps them enjoy themselves, which – most importantly – helps them learn, remember and practise what I’m teaching, so that it’s ACTUALLY effective. We’ve all been to those workshops where, a month later, we remember nothing and nothing has changed.
Thanks to what Lee-Anne has taught me, my workshops will be ones that lead directly to people learning, remembering, and incorporating what I’ve taught them. ~Marsha Shandur, Storytelling Coach and Networking Mentor, YesYesMarsha.com
How it works
- Register by paying $97 USD here to secure your spot.
- Then email me with the name of the friend or colleague you’d like to join you on the course. Yep, because I’m all about building community and we all know how great it is to have someone to help you absorb new skills, the price above is 2 for 1.
- Then you’ll both receive my bonus primer on how to get the bestest and mostest out of the course (don’t worry nothing heavy, just simple things that’ll help you soak up the learning).
- You’ll get free bonus tips for how to harness tech tools in your teaching to really amp up your students’ learning.
- You’ll get access to the course recording, both audio and visual, so you can choose which works best for you.
- You’ll receive once a week tips and techniques to help you apply all the good stuff you’re learning and start using your newfound skills.
- You’ll get access to an online treasure trove of teaching resources; easy peasy, all in one place, ready and waiting for you to access anytime you wish.
- And remember you get to bring along a buddy or a colleague (or a colleague buddy). For free!
Thank you again for all the resources and your teachings. I learned so much from you in such a small amount of time and found your workshop so useful and of great value.” ~ Karina Edora
- You’ll finally be able to put your energy into designing and delivering effective workshops instead of wasting time worrying about how you’re being perceived as a teacher.
- You’ll have a bank of proven tips and techniques at your fingertips, ready to help you design workshops easily, with minimum fuss.
- You’ll finally be able to relax with your students and have fun teaching instead of being all up tight and stressed out. This is your passion, remember, you want to enjoy it!
- You’ll have superstar strategies up your sleeve to help turn those so called “problem” students into confident, motivated learners.
Ready to design and deliver workshops with ease and grace? Ready to share your passion in ways that are super impactful and leave lasting learning? Ready to affect that social change you’ve been yearning for with your particular subject matter expertise? Then let’s go!
Your next steps:
- Register right now by paying $97 USD here.
- Then email me the name of the colleague or friend who’ll be joining you on the course.
“Lee-Anne’s style, delivery, and content is wonderfully enjoyable and effective.” ~ Alolan Remedios, Global Stewardship Program at Capilano University