Learning and Development Roundtable: Top tips for online facilitating and public speaking Aug 2021
August 19 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm UTC+3
Quick! Can you recall a recent online meeting or workshop that was interesting, engaging and had a powerful effect? Nope? I thought so.
Online meetings and workshops have two things in common – the need to speak publicly and the need to facilitate or teach. And both of those skills can be in woefully short supply.
Add to that, the fear of public speaking is the most common phobia ahead of even death, and spiders! Source: The national social anxiety center.
Combine that fear with endless hours online and we have ourselves a recipe for anxiety and fear at worst or boredom and weariness at best.
Facilitating and public speaking don’t have to inspire fear though. Conversely they can (and should) inspire engagement, fun, interactivity and powerful learning. And I’ll let you in on a little secret: both skills can easily be learned. Here’s how.
In this free workshop on August 19th, with me, Lee-Anne Ragan you’ll:
- Learn three simple tips for facilitating and teaching online:
- Figure out how a shower hook can make you look like a star
- Learn how to design a powerful and inclusive workshop for your S.A.K.E.© and the S.A.K.E.© of your participants
- Discover which way you lean into learning and how to ensure your preference doesn’t get in the way of inclusive facilitation
- Learn four easy ways to be a powerful public speaker:
- The nothing short of miraculous three roles water plays in public speaking
- What wonder woman and starfish have in common and how you can use them to counteract your nervousness for public speaking anytime and anywhere
- The most powerful and overlooked tool in public speaking that is hidden right under your nose
- Why the letter M needs to be given the boot for effective public speaking
- Laugh – have a great time and come away feeling inspired, relaxed and re-energized with a toolkit full of strategies and tools for you to implement
- Lead – put your learning into practice with some tips for after the Roundtable is done
- Count the workshop towards your annual UN-Mandated training (If you’re a UN staff)
RSVP by August 17th. Then watch your inbox for your agenda and how to participate online.
Please note the dates and times alternate each month so as to reach more people in various time zones at their request.
- 8-10 am Mexico
- 11 am-1 pm Rio
- 9-11 am Montreal/New York
- 5-7 pm Nairobi
- 6-8 pm Abu Dhabi
Click here to convert to your timezone if it’s not listed above.
Take action now –> Join the mailing list to receive invitations to the monthly meetings, and get access to all the meeting resources (including recordings of the Learning and Development Roundtables in case you can’t make it). And RSVP by August 17th