- This event has passed.
Learning and Development Roundtable: Eight skills for communicating with confidence and clarity and without consternation
September 24, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC+3
They say hard skills (a.k.a. technical skills) get you hired but lack of so-called soft skills, like communication, can get you fired. Add to that our weariness and overwhelm with the ongoing global pandemic and raging world wide conflicts, it’s enough to dampen the motivation of even the hardiest souls.
Being able to communicate with confidence and clarity is critical yet we often leave improving our communication skills as a distant priority. And to make matters worse our communication skills are tanking when taking time to learn and reflect are pushed aside for ever greater productivity. And all while we need them the most to navigate complex situations, workplaces and scenarios..
How do you know if your communication skills need sharpening?
You may need to amp up your communication skills if any of the following are true for you:
- You find yourself getting dizzy going round and round in circles with the same darn issue
- You’re sure you’re communicating clearly but people often misinterpret what you mean
- You’re able to communicate well with some people but not others (you suspect it may have to do with your communication style)
- You’re exhausted trying to communicate with some folks, the effort leaves you drained and frustrated
- You’re working too hard on your communication skills but not seeing results
I’ll let you in on a little secret. When our communication isn’t working, most people tend to do more of what isn’t working. That’s right. More of what’s NOT working.
Instead, let’s welcome some communication ease for you with these eight critical communication skills (that surprisingly, aren’t that hard to learn).
Come to this engaging, interactive workshop and learn eight skills for communicating with confidence and clarity.
In this free workshop with me, Lee-Anne Ragan, on September 24th, you’ll:
- Be introduced to your F.A.V. C.O.M.I.C – a potent combination of eight simple communication skills
- Diagnose your communication skills so you know where you shine and where you need to shine some light on learning
- Get a chance to practice in a fun, light-hearted manner
- Come away feeling inspired, relaxed, and re-energized with a toolkit full of strategies and tools for you to implement
- Count the workshop towards your annual UN-Mandated training (If you’re a UN staff)
RSVP by September 22nd. Then watch your inbox for our agenda and how to participate online.
Please note the dates and times alternate each month so as to reach more people in various time zones at their request.
- 7 am to 9 am London
- 10 am to noon Nairobi
- 4 pm to 6 pm Fukuoka
- 11 am to 1 pm Abu Dhabi
Click here to convert to your timezone if it’s not listed above.
- Join the mailing list to receive invitations to the monthly meetings, and get access to all the meeting resources.
- RSVP by September 22nd
Share this workshop information with a friend and/or colleague and participate together. The more the merrier.