- This event has passed.
Learning and Development Roundtable: Tools to build community and engagement online
March 19 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC+3
Wondering what a roller coaster, raccoon, vacuum cleaner and elephant have to do with building community engagement online? Keep reading.
Lectures that drone on and on. Overwhelming unread notifications of online events. Workshops that are drier than the Sahara desert and more boring than watching paint dry. We’ve all been there.
Online meetings, courses, workshops, check-ins are never ending. Some research shows we are spending up to 16 hours a day on digital media! Globally, we doubled our online content consumption in 2020.
There is hope however.
Notwithstanding the tremendous costs of the global pandemic, there are hidden benefits to COVID and all that time online. Help is in sight. Working online CAN (and should) be engaging, interesting and impactful. We can build community. We can use tools to help us engage with dignity, inclusion and impact.
Join me for a fun, interactive workshop where I’ll introduce you to a simple framework for building community online, while engaging people you’re working with and experimenting with a bunch of interesting yet simple tools.
In this free workshop with me, Lee-Anne Ragan you’ll:
- Learn how to pinpoint the results you’re looking for online using a handy continuum
- Discover seven signposts to map out your own customized online engagement
- Explore and experiment with seven tools to engage and build community
- Ensure things are tailor made to fit you and your community by using the litmus test of a roller coaster, raccoon, vacuum cleaner and elephant
- Come away feeling inspired, hopeful and with a toolkit full of strategies and tools for you to implement
- Count the workshop towards your annual UN-Mandated training (If you’re a UN staff)
RSVP by March 17th. Then watch your inbox for our agenda and how to participate online.
Please note the dates and times alternate each month so as to reach more people in various time zones at their request.
- 7 am to 9 am London
- 10 am to noon Nairobi
- 4 pm to 6 pm Fukuoka
- 11 am to 1 pm Abu Dhabi
Click here to convert to your time zone if it’s not listed above.