- This event has passed.
Learning and Development Roundtable: Designing a Learning Plan for you and/or your team that rocks
February 18 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm UTC+3
Information is flowing faster than ever. We are walking and talking faster than a decade ago. We’re inundated with platforms, blogs, websites, tweets, LinkedIn posts, Youtube videos, online courses, etc. But who has time for learning?
The better question is ‘who doesn’t have time for that all-important, strategic, let’s-get-to-the-bottom-of-pressing-social-problems learning’? Learning is key to your professional and personal success and carving out time for a brief workshop (that’d be this one) to help you craft a customized learning plan for you and your team will not only save you tons of time but make your time more meaningful and make you more likely to reach your goals.
Learning plans help you be deliberate about learning; “Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. ―Abigail Adams
Learning plans help you to be proactive about learning; “In the moment of crisis, the wise build bridges, and the foolish build dams. ~ Nigerian proverb
Learning plans help you put learning in context: “Knowledge without wisdom is like water in the sand.” ~ Guinean proverb
Suffering is optional. In this fun, interactive workshop you’ll learn a Simple (with a capital S) system for identifying your learning needs, how to meet those needs, and all in a way that fits you, your goals, and how you learn.
In this workshop with me, Lee-Anne Ragan you’ll learn:
- What a learning plan is and why it’s so important that you and/or your team have one
- How to use my simple, interactive learning plan template to create a customized learning plan for yourself and/or your team, including how the letter I plays a huge role in it
- How to use S.A.K.E.s (c) to streamline the process and make the learning fit you instead of bending yourself into a pretzel for learning methods that don’t work
- How to do all of the above in a fun, interactive way (Hint: the Pink Panther just may make an appearance and there might be a friendly small group competition with a prize)
- Count the workshop towards your annual UN-Mandated training (If you’re a UN staff)
RSVP by February 16th. Then watch your inbox for our agenda and how to participate online.
Please note the dates and times alternate each month so as to reach more people in various time zones at their request. This month we’ll meet:
- 8-10 am Mexico
- 11 am-1 pm, Rio
- 9-11 am Montreal/New York
- 5-7 pm Nairobi
- 6-8 pm Abu Dhabi
Click here to convert to your timezone if it’s not listed above.