- This event has passed.
Learning and Development Roundtable: Virtual team building in the time of COVID – Yes it’s possible and here’s how with very special guest Emmanuel Jal
August 21, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC+3
Is your virtual team lagging? Unmotivated? Overwhelmed? Bickering?
Have I got a special treat for you. Emmanuel Jal, former South Sudanese child soldier and now international peace activist, musician, performer, artist, and humanitarian, will join us to share his hard-earned, well-honed tips on how to keep calm and carry on.
“I share my story for social-emotional learning through the arts, business, and philanthropy. I offer experiences with music, healing, education, and healthy living – so that together we can create positive, global awakening.” – Emmanuel Jal
In recent Learning and Development Roundtables, we’ve learned how to Harness Technology in Turbulent Times and we’ve learned how to Manage Virtual Teams.
Feeling accomplished? You should be. High fives all round.
Now more than ever before we need to be focusing on our teams – how we are connecting, collaborating, and communicating. Now that we are practically Zoom experts we need to focus on building our teams, including “replicate the small things that knit a team together” (Leading Virtual Teams, Harvard Business Review).
Sounds impossible to do online? Not so! Join me for this creative, fun, and engaging session where we’ll focus on virtual team building, part two. You don’t need to have participated in last month’s part one to be able to join this month’s.
You do ideally need to have a fast internet connection because due to timezone issues, Jal will join us via a prerecorded video he and I will make especially for our Roundtable.
You and your team will thank you for participating.
As social distancing continues, in these turbulent, trying times we are apart but that doesn’t mean we have to be isolated. And in fact, we shouldn’t be. Isolated that is.
Now is the time to learn, laugh, and lead with our teams. And in case you’re thinking group groans (aka activities that are embarrassing or silly), know that they will be banished.
“I’m still a soldier, fighting with my pen and paper for peace till the day I cease.” Emmanuel Jal
In this free workshop with Emmanuel Jal and Lee-Anne Ragan you’ll:
- Discover Jal’s hard-won tips and techniques for overcoming hardship and not just surviving but thriving and how to apply those tips and techniques to yourself and your team
- Get a taste of some of the tools Jal uses to maintain his well-being and mental health
- Finally figure out the difference between what makes for a fun, engaging team building activities and the ones that make you groan with disbelief and dread (hint: we’ll be doing the former, NOT the latter)
- Go from ‘ugly to f.u.g.l.a,’ while relaxing and having fun with 3 different types of activities
- Count the workshop towards your annual UN-Mandated training (If you’re a UN staff)
- RSVP here by August 19th. Then watch your inbox for our agenda and how to participate online.
And in the meantime join our mailing list so you don’t miss out on invitations, seven-plus years of meeting resources, and more.