- This event has passed.
Tips and tools to increase your work-life balance during Covid (offered through UNON STDU)
September 14, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am UTC+3
The global pandemic continues. We’ve undergone a tremendous shift in the past year – striving to juggle working from home with family and personal life. And all the while learning the technology to make that happen.
The learning curve has never been so steep.
Our stress levels, anxiety, and fear have risen to all-time highs while our certainty and access to regular routines have plummeted. Our boundaries have changed and become fuzzy. And talk about the ‘new normal’ is rife – yet who can even remember the old ‘normal’?
While we’re all in this together, our situations vary wildly, which makes it even harder to relate to each other. Some of us are trying to work while little ones, with sticky fingers, cling to us, begging for mommy/daddy time, while we look longingly to those who have quiet, uninterrupted spaces to work.
And yet those of us who have quiet, interrupted time suffer from deep loneliness and lack of connection, as their parents, friends, and children can be counties or countries away.
Meanwhile, throughout these challenges, we’re told to look for “balance” in our home and work life. It’s enough to make us dizzy with confusion, trepidation, hopelessness, and more stress.
Fear not. There is hope.
We’ve come a long way in learning how to navigate the challenges of working from home. Let’s build on all the things you’ve learned in the past year and add to your toolkit so you’re healthier, more relaxed, less stressed, and more resilient.
Join me for a two-part interactive workshop where I’ll introduce you to a myriad of simple tools to add to your toolkit. The workshops will be very practical, so you can get going on your continued way to wellness ASAP.
Contact UNON-HR to register (for UN staff only but contact me if you’d like to chat about having a similar workshop for your organization).
Delivery: The course is divided into five sections →
- Self-facilitated: There will be a couple of short tasks to complete before we meet together online (estimated time: 15 minutes)
- Facilitated by the instructor: A two-hour in-real-time workshop
- Self-facilitated: To help you apply what you’re learning there will be a few more tasks for you to complete on your own time before we meet again (approximate time investment: 30 minutes)
- Facilitated by the instonofeructor: A two-hour in-real-time workshop
- Self-facilitated: Again, to help you use what you’ve learned, you’ll have a couple more tasks to complete on your own time, (approximate time investment: 15 minutes)
Total learning time with the instructor: 4 hours
In this workshop with me, Lee-Anne Ragan, you’ll:
- Put the elusive myth of work-life balance to bed for good and replace it with a healthier, more realistic, and practical outlook.
- Amp up your empathy for others by understanding the context of Covid and how it’s affecting us differently (you’ll be introduced to some real-life Covid “characters”).
- Know thyself with four tools designed to uncover how you’re currently dealing with work-life balance and how you can create more relaxation and balance, and less fear and anxiety.
- Take action with four skills designed to decrease your stress and increase your wellness – practical examples, from bookends, keeping up, and speaking up to simple, easy (and slightly weird but backed by research) tips to combat stress instantly.
- Learn how to diagnose your specific situation by using my more than, less than, and equal to tool.
- Map three types of stressors and where you’re at with your ‘buckets’, in order to create a customized work-life balance plan that fits you.
- Come away feeling inspired, hopeful, and with an online resource portal full of tips, tools, and more.