I see you. Or rather I see all those tabs you have open on your browser.
If your computer is groaning under the burden of all those open tabs I have the simplest and best solution ever.
Seriously, this has been a game-changer for me.
This same tool also helps if you need to group your tabs and refer back to those groups easily and quickly.
For example, when I do my monthly business metrics (looking at where my business is at, based on certain criteria) I need a dozen or so online documents. Each one, you guessed it, is in a different tab. Using this tool I simply click ONE button and voila, they all open.
Another example is when I teach a course that has lots of links and I want to share those links with participants (not to mention open up all the links when I’m about to teach the course again), this tool is up to the task.
The tool type is called a tab organizer.
And the specific tab organizer I use is called OneTab.
OneTab describes the tool as a “cure for tab hoarding. Turns your open tabs into a list you can return to later.”
Here’s what OneTab, a tab organizer, can do:
- organize tabs into groups (see my examples above)
- open those tabs again in their own separate window
- give that window (with all the tab links) its own url which makes it shareable with others
- generate a QR code, for that grouping of tabs, which again is shareable
Pretty spiffy right?!
Here’s an example of a set of grouped tabs based on a course I teach called “Effective Online Presentations.” Or scan the QR code below to get to the same set of tabs.
Imagine the headaches saved
It’s pretty sweet. With a cherry on top even.
Note: OneTab works on Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. If you use another browser simply Google “alternatives to OneTab for ______ “(insert your browser name).
Now get going and get tab happy.
Now go on and learn, learn some more, and lead
- Check out OneTab or an alternative that works on your browser.
- Let loose with a sigh of relief once you get your tabs wrangled and under control, like this young gymnast.
- Use the tool to curate and organize your tabs. And then insert a heavenly sigh of relief and satisfaction here.