Do you dream of being able to read more books? Inhale more learning and more knowledge?
But do your dreams feel dashed due to your daily tug-of-war with your to-do list? “Who’s got the time?!” I can hear you grumbling.
While reading is one of the best, most accessible ways to learn pretty much anything, it still takes a lot of time.
Time that can be in scarce supply.
If reading is something you barely have time for, you’re not alone.
The number of books that are read per person is declining and has been for some time. Source.
People read a lot or a little. One international survey reported, “27% said they read over 20 books in 2022, whereas 32% said they read one to five books.” Source.
Almost everyone wants to read more.
But barring a magical book fairy that grants you more time, what’s a person to do?
I have your back and your book(s).
I’ve been using the Headway app for some time now.
What is Headway?
“A book summary app with over 25 million users, launched in 2019 by a team in Ukraine. Beyond its 15-minute summaries, the app focuses on gamifying your learning with challenges, achievements, flashcards, visual explainers, and spaced repetition.” Source.
It allows you to read a book in a way that you prefer. You can listen to it, and read summaries. You can highlight the text you want to remember.
It’s easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Headway has a free version and a paid version. I use the latter.
Here’s an example using the book Difficult Conversations:
This book was highly recommended by the marvelous Marsha Shandur and it’s one I’ve been meaning to read forever).
** The screenshot above is from the app
- Create an account and log in
- Search for the book you want to read or listen to (or click on one that’s recommended for you)
- Choose ‘read’ or ‘listen’
- In my case, I’m choosing to read
- I’m now presented with summaries of each chapter
- As I read through the book, Headway makes it easy:
- Key text is bolded
- I can share any text I wish
- I can highlight any text I want to
- I can even highlight something and look it up on the web
- I can go back and see all my highlighted text in my library which also tracks everything I’ve read
It really is that easy.
Now off with you. Download the app, cuddle up in a comfy corner, and astonish yourself with how much you’ll read.
Now go on and learn, learn some more, and lead
- Download the Headway app
- Pour learning into your brain with ease. Like this little boy ‘scooping’ up learning.
- Now that you’ve downloaded the app, give it a whirl. Search for a book and get reading (or listening).
P.S. Eager for more free learning? Let’s stay connected. Free weekly coaching by email on how to use humanity and humour to problem solve, right here.