We’ve undergone tremendous changes in the past couple of years. The learning curve has never been so steep.
Our stress levels, anxiety, and fear have risen to all-time highs while our certainty and access to regular routines have plummeted. Our boundaries have changed and become fuzzy. And talk about the ‘new normal’ is rife – yet who can even remember the old ‘normal’?
While we’re all in this together, our situations vary wildly, which makes it even harder to relate to each other. Meanwhile, throughout these challenges we’re told to look for “balance” in our home and work life. It’s enough to make us dizzy with confusion, trepidation, hopelessness, and more stress.
Fear not. There is hope.
We’ve come a long way in learning how to navigate the challenges of working from home and hybrid. Let’s build on all the things you’ve learned in the past two years and add to your toolkit so you’re healthier, more relaxed, less stressed, and more resilient.
In this free workshop on August 18th, with me, Lee-Anne Ragan, you’ll:
- Put the elusive myth of work-life balance to bed for good and replace it with a healthier, more realistic and practical outlook (please bring a pen, pencil, spoon or fork!)
- Come to understand some of the best most recent and cutting edge research when it comes to work-life balance
- Know thyself with a simple tool designed to uncover how you’re currently dealing with work-life balance and how you can create more relaxation and balance, and less fear and anxiety.
- Take action with one skill designed to decrease your stress and increase your wellness
- Map three types of stressors and where you’re at with your ‘buckets’, in order to create a customized work-life balance plan that fits you.
- Count the workshop towards your annual UN-Mandated training (If you’re a UN staff)
RSVP using this link by August 16th. Then watch your inbox for our agenda and how to participate online.
Please note the dates and times alternate each month so as to reach more people in various time zones at their request. This month we’ll meet:
- 7-9 am Vancouver
- 9-11 am Mexico
- 10 am-noon Montreal/New York
- 11 am-1 pm Rio
- 5-7 pm Nairobi/Beirut
- 6-8 pm Abu Dhabi
Click here to convert to your timezone if it’s not listed above and to double-check the times as they can sometimes change due to daylight savings times.
If you’ve just realized with dread that the time is untenable for you this month, don’t worry, as long as you’re a Learning and Development Roundtable member (membership is free) you’ll get access to the audio and (timestamped) video recordings, workbook and more.
Take Action Now
Join the mailing list to receive invitations to the monthly meetings, and get access to all the meeting resources (including time-stamped recordings in case you can’t make it in real-time). And don’t forget to RSVP for this Roundtable by August 16th.
Add To: + Google Calendar+ Add To iCalendar
Now go on and learn, laugh and lead
- There’s always room for a laugh and for learning. Like for these penguins!
- Share the registration link with a friend and/or colleague. The more the merrier.
P.S. Want to join our community and receive regular invitations to my monthly Learning and Development Roundtables plus get access to all nine-plus years of Roundtable resources? Easy peasy. Sign up here.
Leave a Reply