In this month’s Rock.Paper.Scissors’ newsletter I interview Mozambican treasure, the musician Wazimbo & get his thoughts on culture, change & creativity. (That’s him above.) In this second blog post, I’ve included some resources related to the themes in our interview, including creativity, change, advice & more.
Read the entire newsletter here or download a hard copy of the interview from my last blog post. Not already receiving our free monthly newsletters? Whatsamatter you? Sign up here.
Culture & Creativity Resources
- On culture (specifically organizational culture): check out the Culture Cartel, a Paper.li (an online newspaper that draws resources from Twitter). Now don’t have a heart attack on me, you don’t have no a thing about Twitter to read it.
- On power, advice & change: Candy Chang’s TED talk ‘Before I die I want to….’ which were the words she had painted on the side of an abandoned building in New Orleans & invited people to finish. ‘Be someone’s calvary’ & ‘hug a sloth’ were just two of the poignant answers.
- On creativity: Sunnie Brown’s TED talk called ‘Doodlers Unite’ gives our inner artist permission to come out. Studies show that sketching and doodling improve our comprehension — and our creative thinking. So why do we still feel embarrassed when we’re caught doodling in a meeting?
Creativity, Change & Advice Resources…
- On change: when change is afoot it pays to have someone watching your back, literally! A slightly different kind of monkey attack.
- On creativity: sometimes it takes another view entirely to sweep those creativity cobwebs out into the daylight. Check out this perspective bending fishing underwater video. You won’t be able to tell which end is up.
- On culture: check out some of these cross-cultural advertising gaffes. Coca Cola inadvertently called their product in Chinese ‘bite the wax tadpole,’ while Schweppes Tonic water got mistranslated in Italian to be Schweppes Toilet Water.