This blog post is taken from this month’s Rock.Paper.Scissors Inc. newsletter. See the entire newsletter, including free, related resources here. Don’t receive our monthly newsletter? Whatsamatter you! Sign up here.
News Blast! Check out a short & sassy survey I designed about habits. It takes all of 1 minute to fill out & you’ll be able to see some of the results as soon as you finish it. As a way of my saying thanks, if you choose, you can enter yourself in a draw to win a prize. Fill in the survey here.
Resources Related to The Power of Habit – Why we do what we do in life & business, by Charles Duhigg
Resources on the serious side:
- See the Charles Duhigg’s website resource section – it’s packed with all sorts of things to help you break bad habits & reinforce good ones
- From a slightly different view, check out my benefits of mess newsletter and article: 5 habits of Highly Messy People- How messy desks are a sign of higher education and earning power
- See this simple flowchart / infographic that LifeHacker created that summarizes how to break a bad habit. You can even download a copy for yourself.
Resources on the lighter side (with tongue planted firmly in cheek):
- Check out this 1950’s video on how to fix bad girl habits. Seriously funny. Cue the dramatic weeping & the narrator’s condescending tone.
- Fill in my 1 minute sassy survey on bad habits. As a way of my saying thanks, you can enter yourself to win a prize. And when you’re finished the survey you’ll automatically see some of the collated results.
- Have a bad habit of loosing your patience with snobby tech customer service folk, whose sole aim, you’d swear, is to drive you nuts? Then vent some steam & have a laugh or two at this comic tailored just for you.