I just got back from doing a plenary at the Social Media Strategies Summit in London – it was a blue sky, brainstorm balanced with a down & detailed account of how to enhance social media skills.
Allow me to uncover & unwrap the highlights for you:
- Yasmin Joomraty from Warner Brothers introduced me to a whole new concept called Urban Camouflage. That’s the image above, taken from a social media campaign for Sherlock Holmes. Fun fun fun!
- ‘Culture eats strategy for lunch’ mused Steven Fisher, quoting a Fast Company article. He went on to quote some great research called Culture Code, which you can download at the previous link.
- Want to get in on the a hot new social networking site? Check out BusinessFriend which Rhonda Marable presented.
- I was delighted to sit in on Mike Volpe, CMO from Hubspot & also interview him (stay tuned for my next newsletter to hear what he had to say – sign up here if you haven’t already).
- I instantly connected with fellow Canadian Jennifer Bilec-Sullivan, from Element14 who has an eclectic history that includes conflict resolution & social media.
- Mohamed El Sioufi & I presented From Bureaucrats to Bandwidth– a Behind the Scenes Look at the Making of a United Nations Social Media Strategy. Feel free to download the presentation at the previous link.