Can you relate to any of these maelstrom-like scenarios in your head?
- You are onboarding a new staff person and while you want to orient them well, you’re crunched for time and would dearly love to do both – do a bang-up job on the orientation AND save yourself a ton of time.
- You’ve answered the same question a million times about how to do something online and you’re fed up with how much time it’s taking and how unproductive you feel.
- You’re working across timezones and it’s not convenient to explain something to someone online in real-time (at least not if you don’t want to be wearing your pajamas while explaining).
- There’s this online thing that is hanging everyone up and causing lots of issues. You know it’s an easy fix but you’re reluctant to jump in because the explanation is going to take way too much time.
If you have something that involves a series of steps and is something you do online, you can easily have your own personal scribe for auto-generating step-by-step guides for free.
It’s so easy you’re going to fall over with relief (so make sure you have a pillow nearby for a soft landing).
I’m completely serious.
Here are the criteria you need to make it work;
- Your situation has to be something online
- It has to involve a series of steps that include clicks
Are you with me?
Great. Here’s what you need to do.
Get a free account with Scribe (link below).
Then start clicking away on your steps of the process while recording.
Your guide will be generated automatically.
If you don’t like the auto-generated names of any of the steps you can simply edit them.
It’s that easy.
Here’s a simple Scribe example.
Regular readers know I run a monthly Learning and Development Roundtable. The Roundtables are recorded and timestamped for viewing later on.
I noticed that people weren’t necessarily understanding the concept of timestamping.
So what’s a busy woman to do?
Make a super easy, super fast Scribe of course.
Here’s what a Scribe how-to guide looks like.
Tame the turmoil in your head. The next time you need a step-by-step how-to guide, turn to Scribe.
Oh and that pillow you placed nearby for a soft landing when you fell off your chair in surprise with how easy this is? Use it to take a nap with all the time you’ll save.
Now go on and learn, learn some more, and lead
- Sign up for a free Scribe account now.
- Important note: Scribe is a Chrome extension. If I’ve just re-created that maelstrom in your head because you don’t use Chrome, here are some alternatives.
Learn some more
- Using a tool like Scribe you’ll stop going round and round in circles, wasting time and effort like these dizzying, dallying squirrels.
- Try your hand at making some Scribe step-by-step guides. Then rest on your laurels for the welcomed ease and efficiency that results.
Is your organization and/or team interested in doing online, on-demand training courses? I’m doing some research and I’d love to chat. Please feel free to reach out to me. I’m standing by all ears.