What are your creative strengths and gaps? Take this 6 question, multiple choice creativity assessment and find out.
Oh and if your (un)creative devil is whispering sweet and sour thoughts into your ear like …
- “I’m not creative”
- “I don’t have a creative bone in my body”
- “I don’t ____ (fill in the blank with a creative art – paint, sew, draw etc.) therefore I’m not creative”
… then kick him in the shins and brush him off saying to yourself “uninvited guest”.
I’ll post the collated results of the assessment in 2 weeks or so (don’t worry, it’s all anonymous, no names promise!).
Want to ramp up your creativity in the meantime? Take a course.
Embracing Creativity: How to Rediscover Your Creative DNA
June 23rd, 2010, 10 am to 5 pm
Langara College, Vancouver, B.C.
Feel the need to be more creative but not sure where to start? Is the pace of change outpacing your ability to keep up? We’ll open the door to your creative DNA through fun and engaging activities. We’ll combat common myths (‘I’m not creative’) and common fears (‘I’m not creative enough’) through practical application of 6 main creativity skills for use both at home and in the workplace.
Receive a resource package during the workshop plus a bonus follow-up resource package to help anchor and reinforce your learning.
You’ll leave the workshop engaged, refreshed and with a plan for how to put your newly (re)discovered creativity to work.
Here’s what others have said about the workshop:
· “I just want to say what an amazing time I had at your seminar. I haven’t laughed that much in a long time! (and feel free to quote me on that!)” ~ Melanie Miceli Customer Service Representative Service BC, Ministry of Labour and Citizens’ Services
· “Lee-Anne was very knowledgeable about the topic” ~ Ministry of Aboriginal Relations and Reconciliation workshop participant
– “You’ve let me know that it’s okay to be scared to be creative and taught me ways to overcome this fear. THANKS! ~Bethany Wheeler, University of the Fraser Valley
Cost: $125. For more information or to register go to the Langara website registration page or email or call Leslie Kemp at 604-323-5981 or email@example.com.
Interesting. Strengths are: Evoke, Cobble, Assumptions. Need to improve on praise & celebrate and engage. Not sure if I want to improve on shades of gray. I think finding the answer to a problem, implementing it and moving on appeals to my practical side.
Lee-Anne Ragan says
Love your comment Leigh- thanks for taking the time to make it. Yeah you for your creative strengths and for shining the light on them. And good luck with doing more praising / celebrating & engaging. Please let me know how it goes, would love to hear.