You, the Learning and Development Roundtable members, asked for a workshop on networking, and here’s the result…..
When I say networking, do you scrunch up your face with frustration, nerves, or dismay?
Do you think of networking like bad-tasting cough medicine, something you know you need to take/do but really, you’d rather not?
Does the mere mention of networking make your stomach roll with images of pushy salespeople in bad, polyester suits?
Do you think networking is about getting super personal? Or not personal enough? As merely handing out business cards during awkward cocktail conversations?
Do I have news for you my friend.
“Networking is not only about trading information but also serves as an avenue to create long-term relationships with mutual benefits.“
“The importance of the saying “no man is an Island” … is the reason why many of us need to make a collective effort in the bid to achieve professional success. For many individuals that have succeeded in their career, the causes have largely been attributed to the strong networking channels they have created over time.” (Source: Forbes).
Sounds convincing right?
Still, networking doesn’t have to be and shouldn’t be painful.
It can and should be interesting, intriguing, and something you actually look forward to.
The key is networking in a way that works for you with tools that fit you.
This is the last Learning and Development Roundtable of 2023 before we take a break and start afresh in 2024 so don’t miss out.
Note: November is our 11th anniversary and the 11th month so you’ll notice a theme here!
In this free workshop on November 16th with me, Lee-Anne Ragan you’ll:
- Uncover eleven reasons why networking is so important
- Create a customized networking map for yourself
- Dive into eleven simple yet powerful effective networking do’s and don’ts
- Learn eleven creative tools for mastering the art and science of networking
- Come away refreshed, confident, and ready to tackle networking head-on with your head held high
- Access to a workbook that includes all the tips, tools, and techniques to take the pain out of networking
- Count the workshop towards your annual professional development requirement (if you’re a UN staff)
RSVP using this link by November 14th. Then watch your inbox for our agenda and how to participate online.
Please note the dates and times alternate each month so as to reach more people in various time zones at their request.
- 7-8:30 am London
- 8-9:30 am Paris/Rome
- 9-10:30 am Beirut
- 10-11:30 am Nairobi, Mogadishu, Amman
- 11-12:30 pm Abu Dhabi
- 12:45-2:15 pm Kathmandu
- 3-4:30 pm Manila
- 4-5:30 pm Fukuoka
Click here to convert to your timezone if it’s not listed above and to double-check the times as they can sometimes change due to daylight savings times. Use 10 am to 11:30 am EAT(Nairobi) to compare your timezone.
If you’ve just realized with dread that the time is untenable for you this month, don’t worry, as long as you’re a Learning and Development Roundtable member (membership is free) you’ll get access to the audio and (timestamped) video recordings, workbook and more.
Take action now –>
- Join the mailing list to receive invitations to the monthly meetings, and get access to all the meeting resources.
- RSVP by November 14th.
- Share this workshop information with a friend and/or colleague and participate together. The more the merrier.
Now go on and learn, learn some more, and lead
- Share this with a friend and/or colleague and attend together. The more the merrier.
- RSVP by November 14th.
- Learning about networking doesn’t have to be a yawn fest like this pelican. #sufferingisoptional
- Want to join our community and receive regular invitations to every Learning and Development Roundtable mindset plus get access to all ten-plus years of Roundtable resources? Easy peasy. Sign up here.