Raise your right arm up high, my United Nations of readers.
And pat yourself on the back.
I am celebrating you for making it through another trial by fire kind of year.
You matter to me. You stood your ground when it felt like fireballs were whizzing through our brains, hearts, and souls.
Consider this an ode to freedom, for just as you are, I still have faith in you.
Our silver lining, while sometimes elusive and hard to find, remains the same.
While we may sometimes feel bereft, there is always the lost and found. We may lose ourselves, but in the mystery of that hard space, there is a reckoning, a finding.
Your strength, vitality, resilience, grit, and grace are like a river that flows in you.
Your spark and the light that flows from your proverbial candle may seem dim some days, but that tiny brilliance is in fact what the world needs more of.
And when the clouds are particularly gray, and you feel buffeted by the storms, seek out shelter. Whether that shelter is solitude, a wild ecstatic (safe) dance among your community, or something else.
Regardless, I am holding your hand in solidarity.
Looking forward, as you carefully and tenderly close the chapter on 2021, let us dive into the mystic of 2022.
It’s a New Year.
For while there are days it doesn’t feel like it, this too shall pass.
And with a heart of gold and a spine of steel, let us cry amen, hallelujah, and high five for a good job in 2021, and let us rise up and greet both the challenges and triumphs that 2022 will surely bring with courage.
We’re still standing.
However you share your particular gifts with the world, let’s band together, for we all want peace. And throughout 2022, I’ll be there with a higher love.
Because you’re truly the best.
And there you have it. 2021 tied up with a ribbon.
Time to turn the page to 2022. But not before you check out the playlist I made from all the italicized words above. Your playlist is below – written out, plus a made-for-you playlist on Youtube.
Take a look and listen.
- United nations – Ludwig Goransson
- Celebrate you – VoicePlay
- You matter to me – Sara Bareilles, Jason Mraz
- Stand your ground- Joshua Hyslop
- Fireball – Pitbull
- Ode to Freedom – ABBA
- Just the way you are – Bruno Mars
- I still have faith in you – ABBA
- My silver lining – First aid kit
- Lost and Found – Gary Clark and John Carney
- River flows in you – Yiruma
- Tiny Brilliance – Amick Cutler, Janelle
- Gimme Shelter – Playing for Change
- Safety dance – Men without hats
- I want to hold your hand – Glee Cast
- Into the mystic – Van Morrison
- This is a new year – A Great Big World
- This too shall pass – OK Go
- Hallelujah – Leonard Cohen
- Good job – Alicia Keys or One Voice Children’s Choir
- Rise up – Andra Day
- Courage – Clay Finnesand
- I’m still standing – Elton John
- We Want Peace – Emmanuel Jal
- I’ll be there – Jess Glynne
- Higher love – Ndlovu Youth Choir
- Simply the best – Music Lab Collective
Now go on and learn, laugh and lead
- Surprise! Here’s your gift. Check out the playlist I made for you of all the italicized words.
- Whether it’s a pillow you need, some sustenance or a ear splitting grin, you can find all three in this delightful toddler’s reaction to eating cotton candy for the first time
- Make a playlist of your own for your wishes for yourself.
I’ve done similar type playlists in previous years which you can watch and read about here:
- Watch and read about 2021
- Don’t forget to watch and read about 2020
- Watch and read about 2019
- Do watch and read about 2017
Let’s stay connected. Free weekly coaching by email on how to use humanity and humour to problem solve, right here.