Yet another trial-by-fire kind of year it was. Sometimes hanging on by a wire, sometimes we got down …. but …. you and me – we took a look at the person in the mirror – and with the moon’s shadow at our back and the wind of change swirling about – we stood back up and delivered.
I don’t care if you and I get stung for a little bit of honey on our tongues. This messy, upside down, whorling big old world of ours is Complicated with a capital C.
It’s also sweet and tender and full of joy. What a wonderful world it is when we have the grace and grit to look for magic and mystery.
And that includes you dear one.
Mi gran amor (my great love) is making your day a little brighter, with opportunities to learn, laugh and lead.
My favourite things include surprising and delighting you. Making you look in places and spaces that were formerly hidden. Prompting insight. Provoking more wisdom, and wit.
In this beautiful life, please remember to take (at least) five, for we all need you at your best. We need what you have.
Cheers to your sante (health) and know there’s always someone who loves you, honey.
Remember in our house, this global home of ours, how lucky we are, with old ties and companions.
Our community is strong and resilient and healthy.
And while I wish I knew how it would feel to be free of racism, poverty, human rights abuses, gender-based violence, war, climate change, and more, until that day comes let’s holler and work for change.
For with some tubthumping we can make our voices heard.
Let’s roll up our sleeves and, with some music in the background to motivate us, continue to work.
During the dark days, when we’re sick of it all, look for the sweet spot, the sugarcane because really, truly we want (and need) peace.
So be kind to yourself dear one. You’re not alone. I’ll follow your lead, and you can follow mine. Thank you for all you are and all you do.
Let’s walk into 2023 with our heads up, and shoulders back, knowing our future is up to us.
And now, it’s almost time to turn the page to 2022. But not before you check out the playlist I made from all the italicized words above. Your playlist is below – written out, plus a made-for-you playlist on Youtube!
Take a look and listen.
- The Wire – HAIM
- The Playlist – The Tyler Merritt
- You and me – Sara Watkins
- Man in the mirror – Ndlovu Youth Choir
- Moonshadow – Yusuf/Cat Steven
- Wind of change – Scorpions
- Stand and deliver – Steep Canyon Rangers
- Honey on my tongue – Steep Canyon Rangers
- What a wonderful world – Sam Cooke
- Mi Gran Amor (My Great Love) – Angela Alvarez
- My favorite things – John Coltrane
- Made you look – Meghan Trainor
- Beautiful life – The Collection
- Take five – Dave Brubeck
- Sante – Stromae
- Someone loves you honey – Charley Pride
- Our house – Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
- How lucky – Kurt VIle, John Prime
- Old ties and companions – Watchouse
- I wish I know how it would feel to be free – Nina Simone
- Tubthumping – Chumbawamba
- Sorry you’re sick – Ted Hawkins
- Sugarcane – Camidoh
- We want peace – Emmanuel Jal
- Be kind to yourself – Andrew Peterson
- You’re not alone – Allison Russell
- Follow you follow me – Genesis
- Wela’lin (Thank you) – Emma Stevens
- Us – Siddhartha Khosla
Now go on and learn, laugh and lead
- Surprise! Here’s your gift. Check out the playlist I made for you of all the italicized words.
- Sometimes a little levity is right under our noses. There for a giggle, a gift, and self-discovery. Whether we know it or not.
- Make a playlist of your own for your wishes for yourself.
I’ve done similar type playlists in previous years which you can watch and read about here:
Let’s stay connected. Free weekly coaching by email on how to use humanity and humour to problem solve, right here.