Did you know I bring together folks from around the world, for a free, monthly Learning and Development Roundtable workshop on a range of interesting and engaging topics that members have asked for?
Our community is a brilliant group of diverse, social change-makers, who are committed to learning, making a difference, connecting, and contributing.
Here’s what we covered this year. And while our last roundtable has been held for 2022, not to worry if you missed out, there’s a whole bunch of new ones cued up for 2023.
Here’s a summary of what we covered in 2022 from January to June by topic and learning objectives.
Design A Customized Learning Plan For 2022 That Fits You And Your Team To A T And Increases Your Roi
January kicked off with a focus on the all-elusive learning plan.
- What a learning plan is and why it’s so important that you and/or your team have one
- How to use my simple, interactive worksheet to create a customized learning plan for yourself and/or your team
- Why the letter I plays a huge role in your learning plan
- How to use S.A.K.E.s© to streamline the process
- How to make the learning fit you instead of bending yourself into a pretzel for learning methods that don’t work for you
- How to do all of the above in a fun, interactive way (Hint: the Pink Panther just may make an appearance and there might be a friendly small group competition with a prize)
February saw us delving into all sorts of easy tech tools.
- Pinpointing six ways that you learn best by using my learning exploration map
- Creating a custom plan for yourself using your unique ways of learning
- Experimenting with a bunch of easy tech tools that I’ll demonstrate,
- Matching the tools to the way you learn
- Coming away feeling inspired, relaxed, and re-energized with a toolkit full of strategies and tech tools for you to start using right away
March had us ditching boring online meetings.
- My secret sauce for getting your staff into the right mindset and actually looking forward to your meetings plus being more willing to engage after the meeting is long over
- How to ditch the “monkey see, monkey do” by using my simple template for pointing out your bias in holding your online meetings and how to make them more inclusive and accessible
- Several Simple (with a capital S) techniques for increasing engagement will make you look like the rockstar you are
- How to take your online meetings to the next level by using F.G.L.A.s
- To use some surprisingly easy tech tools that capture attention and get people interacting with nary a group groan (activities that are silly or embarrassing) in sight
And in April we tackled hybrid meetings.
- Explore the benefits and challenges of hybrid meetings and events
- Unwrap two simple key goals to make every hybrid a success
- Learn to distinguish what works and what doesn’t work for hybrid
- Explore ten powerful, engaging techniques you can use to take your hybrids to the next level
- Come away with a powerful tech tip cheat sheet
One size doesn’t fit all; six tools for intercultural communication and intercultural conflict resolution
In May we explored all things conflict, communication, and culture.
- Discover the surprising way your brain tricks you into making cultural mistakes and how to get around that
- How to identify your areas of how cultural communication and how to stretch
- Uncover your tendency towards magical thinking and what to do about it
- Learn how to get to certainty by first dancing with uncertainty
- Discover how to stay out of the ICU by using my intercultural communication and conflict resolution I.C.U. tool
- How identifying how you feel about conflict instantly moves you forward in your cultural communication and conflict resolution
Next week I’ll share the highlights from the rest of the year. In the meantime know we’ll take a break this month, and then we’ll fire up the engines of learning once again starting in January. You can see all of the 2023 Learning and Development Roundtable dates here including January’s: Design a customized learning plan for 2023 that fits you and your team to a T and increases your ROI. So mark your calendars and join us!
Like what you've found so far? To learn more, we recommend checking out our Course, "Ban Boring Online Meetings."Learn More >
Now go on and learn, laugh, and lead
- Join in on the Learning and Development Roundtable fun. Bust out, like this eager dog.
- Join our community and receive regular invitations to my monthly Learning and Development Roundtables plus get access to all ten-plus years of Roundtable resources. Sign up here. It’s free.
P.S. For all you Learning and Development Roundtable members, as we’re taking a break from the Roundtable for the month of December, during that time I’ll be sending you my weekly tips on how to learn, laugh and lead. Like this one!