For eleven sweet years, I’ve been convening folks from around the world, for a free, monthly Learning and Development Roundtable workshop on a range of interesting and engaging topics that members have asked for.
Our community is a global group of diverse, social change-makers, who are committed to learning, making a difference, connecting, and contributing.
Hot tip: If you are a UN staff, all the Roundtables you attended count towards your annual professional development requirement.
Here’s what we covered this year. And while our last roundtable has been held for 2023, don’t worry if you missed out, there’s a whole bunch of new ones cued up for 2024.
Last week I covered January to May Learning and Development Roundtables. On with the summary of what we covered in 2023 from June to December.
June’s Roundtable focused on something we rarely take the time for – rewards, recognition, and celebration – and we walked our talk with this fun, celebratory Roundtable.
- Learn about employee rewards and recognition
- Discover two powerful tools for customizing rewards and recognition
- Practice simple, targeted celebration tools
- Have fun and learn ways to celebrate while we celebrate: 1) the Learning and Development Roundtable, 2) you, and 3) teams in general
- Come away with some small, unique gifts!
September was a combination of several member requests and had us diving into how to gain more satisfaction with our careers, more self-awareness, and more self-care.
- Figure out where you’re at on the quiet quitting – loudly labouring continuum
- Dive into some key indicators for a healthy team and a healthy you
- Discover one of the number one elements that contribute to career satisfaction and how to get it (hint: it’s not that hard and it’s fun)
- Explore why managing your reputation is key to your career satisfaction and one surprising key way to do it
- Uncover my top tools from thirty-plus years of research into this field that will raise your self-awareness and make a difference for you immediately, include some easy-peasy, research-based self-care tools
- Come away feeling inspired, hopeful and with a workbook full of strategies and tools for you to implement
I was especially keen on this highly popular Roundtable where I brought almost a year’s worth of research to a fun, interactive Roundtable that included drawing unicorns.
- Learn the basics of using tools like ChatGPT with some simple, easy pointers
- Navigate the ethical considerations of AI use
- Ride the AI roller coaster and witness a number of examples of how to use these tools
- Uncover how to tailor ChatGPT for your own use (your eyebrows are going to get a workout!)
- Be future-forward-focused and examine some of the trends in AI
We ended the year with November’s Roundtable on how to do networking in a way that fits and benefits you.
- Uncover eleven reasons why networking is so important
- Create a customized networking map for yourself
- Dive into eleven simple yet powerful do’s and don’ts for effective networking
- Learn eleven creative tools for mastering the art and science of networking
- Come away refreshed, confident, and ready to tackle networking head-on with your head held high
- Gain access to a workbook that includes all the tips, tools, and techniques to take the pain out of networking
Once again, the year seemed to fly by as we gathered for monthly Learning and Development Roundtables with change-makers from the world over.
All of the resources including the (timestamped) videos, audio recordings, and workbooks are available to members – for this year’s Roundtables and all eleven years of Roundtables.
Not a member yet? Join here. It’s fun, fabulous and free. You belong here.
Now go on and learn, learn some more, and lead
- Eager for more? Check out all the Learning and Development Roundtables of 2022, Part one and Part two.
- Ta da! We did great this year with all our Learning and Development Roundtable learning this year, which deserves a drum roll.
- Join our community and receive regular invitations to my monthly Learning and Development Roundtables plus get access to all ten-plus years of Roundtable resources. Sign up here. It’s free.