Did you know for eleven years I’ve been convening folks from around the world, for a free, monthly Learning and Development Roundtable workshop on a range of interesting and engaging topics that members have asked for?
Our community is a global group of diverse, social change-makers, who are committed to learning, making a difference, connecting, and contributing.
Hot tip: If you are a UN staff, all the Roundtables you attended count towards your annual professional development requirement.
Here’s what we covered this year. And while our last roundtable has been held for 2023, don’t worry if you missed out, there’s a whole bunch of new ones cued up for 2024.
On with the summary of what we covered in 2023 from January to May by topic and learning objectives. Part two will cover the Learning and Development Roundtables from June to December.
Design a customized learning plan for 2023 that fits you and your team to a T and increases your ROI
We kicked off the year with our annual learning plan design – discovering what you want to learn for the year and how to do so in a way that fits you.
- What a learning plan is and why it’s so important that you and/or your team have one
- How to use my simple, interactive worksheet to create a customized learning plan for yourself and/or your team
- Why the letter I plays a huge role in your learning plan
- How to use my S.A.K.E.s© tool to streamline the process
- Craft your learning around your strengths, rather than twisting yourself into a pretzel to methods that don’t suit you.
- How to do all of the above in a fun, interactive way (Hint: the Pink Panther just may make an appearance and there might be a friendly small group competition with a prize)
They say the only thing that’s constant is change so this month we took back the reins of change for our February Learning and Development Roundtable..
- Discover two easy, insightful methods for figuring out the best way to focus on change
- Put your detective hat on to identify different types of change
- Understand your (team, partner, colleagues’) change personality; it empowers better collaboration and adaptation in the future.
- Find out your RQ, why it’s integral to managing change, and easy ways to increase it
- Embrace change with surprising ease using two simple, effective tools to overcome obstacles and move forward confidently.
- Come away with a customized, personalized change action plan. In fact, bring an example of something you’re trying to change or a change that you’re being affected by so you can work your new-found six skills on it.
I do a ton of research for our Learning and Development Roundtables and I have to say March’s roundtable on mindset has been a game changer for me and those I work with.
- Uncover what exactly mindset means, including what it means to have a fixed mindset and a growth mindset
- Realize the profound impact of your mindset on handling failure, effort, and various aspects of your life.
- Figure out how to identify your own mindset, whether it’s more fixed or growth
- Learn four steps for getting a growth mindset
- Put everything together and learn how to maintain your newfound growth mindset
I based April’s Roundtable on one of THE top skills teams ask for in my training which is how to give and receive feedback.
- Discover the immense impact of embracing feedback on your life, career, and overall personal growth journey.
- Learn a simple technique for giving more effective feedback.
- Understand the surprising fallacies we tell ourselves about giving and receiving feedback and how to overcome them.
- Employ easy techniques to calm your nerves before giving or receiving feedback, while maintaining your composure and enhancing communication.
- Put the I in T.R.Y. by exploring the unique, unconscious filters you’re putting all the feedback you receive through, unbeknownst to you (til now!).
- Explore some simple tips for amping up how you both give and receive feedback.
You know how much I love me my tech tools and May saw us taking a dive into some truly easy and seriously helpful tools.
- Learn how to identify and prioritize your pain points in life and in work by rewriting Einstein’s theory of relativity
- Craft your tech map: outline your current tech tool position and your desired destination using an editable worksheet template for guidance.
- Discover my four-point plan for minimizing pain and ensuring your tech success
- Have fun exploring a bunch of simple, easy tools to show you that tech tools really can bring you ease and efficiency whether your pain points are related to managing information, collaborating, saving time/being more productive, researching, managing your email, and/or professional development.
- Discover tech tools for fun, service, and better work-life balance, maximizing your opportunities in various aspects of your life and productivity.
- Come away feeling inspired, hopeful and with a workbook full of strategies and tools for you to implement
Stay tuned. Next week I’ll share the rest of 2023’s Learning and Development Roundtables.
The year seemed to fly by as we gathered for monthly Learning and Development Roundtables with change-makers from the world over.
All of the resources including the (timestamped) videos, audio recordings, and workbooks are available to members – for this year’s Roundtables and all eleven years of Roundtables.
Now go on and learn, laugh and lead
- Check out the dates for the 2024 Learning and Development Roundtables here and mark your calendars.
- Eager for more? Check out all the Learning and Development Roundtables of 2022, Part one and Part two.
- Let’s get our groove on and celebrate (like this young Cameroonian boy) all the learning you’ve done this year and all that’s to come next year.
- Join our community and receive regular invitations to my monthly Learning and Development Roundtables plus get access to all ten-plus years of Roundtable resources. Sign up here. It’s free.