Did you know I bring together folks from around the world, for a free, monthly Learning and Development Roundtable workshop on a range of interesting and engaging topics that members have asked for?
Our community is a brilliant group of diverse, social change-makers, who are committed to learning, making a difference, connecting, and contributing.
Here’s what we covered this year. And while our last roundtable has been held for 2022, not to worry if you missed out, there’s a whole bunch of new ones cued up for 2023.
Here’s a summary of what we covered in 2022 from January to June by topic and learning objectives and below is a summary of the rest of the year.
After a break, we were back in August with work-life balance
- Put the elusive myth of work-life balance to bed for good and replace it with a healthier, more realistic, and practical outlook.
- Come to understand some of the best most recent and cutting-edge research when it comes to work-life balance
- Know thyself with a simple tool designed to uncover how you’re currently dealing with work-life balance and how you can create more relaxation and balance, and less fear and anxiety.
- Take action with one skill designed to decrease your stress and increase your wellness
- Map three types of stressors and where you’re at with your ‘buckets’, in order to create a customized work-life balance plan that fits you.
- Discover the eight Life Lenses® and which ones appeal to you the most
- Illuminate your ‘natural’ perspectives – and see where you shine when it comes to conflict, communication, team building, project management, and more
- Uncover how you can communicate with lenses that are different from yours (and why that’s so important)
- Learn how to avoid the very natural and very strong temptation to stick to your own lenses
October we were back with more conflict resolution tools.
- Discover three skills that you can personally use anytime and anywhere for any conflict including:
- Two A’s and 3 F’s that will raise your confidence and your con res abilities
- Key quadrants, cones, and continuums that give you Xray con res vision, and
- How to instantly lower your strongly felt emotions on the spot so you can keep a clear, calm head
- Uncover three skills you can use with the person you’re engaged in a conflict with including:
- My “above or below tool” that will surprise you and give you much-needed con res insight
- Learning how to massage almonds (that’s not a typo) which will help you move forward in even the trickiest of conflict situations and
- One of the easiest most overlooked skills
- Come away with a personalized action plan using my S.A.K.E. tool
How to really engage people for lasting listening, light-hearted learning, can-do, collaboration and clever creativity
And finally we ended the year with November’s Learning and Development Roundtable on engagement.
- Unwrap three filters that can either stop engagement in its tracks or get things back on track
- Learn a little neuroscience and discover how and why to avoid the “puff and stuff” trap that everyone falls into, which actually works against engagement
- Uncover the simple, surprising engagement superpower that’s hiding right under your nose
- Dive into the science of motivation, using six ways to increase engagement
- Learn three simple engagement tech tools each to boost collaboration, enhance learning, and amp up creativity
We’re taking a break for December, and then we’ll fire up the engines of learning once again starting in January. You can see all of the 2023 Learning and Development Roundtable dates here including January’s: Design a customized learning plan for 2023 that fits you and your team to a T and increases your ROI. So mark your calendars and join us!
Like what you've found so far? To learn more, we recommend checking out our Course, "Ban Boring Online Meetings."Learn More >
Now go on and learn, laugh, and lead
- Join in on the Learning and Development Roundtable fun. Wake up and feed your hunger (for learning), like this sea cucumber.
- Join our community and receive regular invitations to my monthly Learning and Development Roundtables plus get access to all ten-plus years of Roundtable resources. Sign up here. It’s free.
P.S. For all you Learning and Development Roundtable members, as we’re taking a break from the Roundtable for the month of December, during that time I’ll be sending you my weekly tips on how to learn, laugh and lead. Like this one!